OFSTED OUTSTANDING - JANUARY 2019
We are delighted with the ‘Outstanding’ outcomes and are very grateful to all of our partner schools in helping to make the inspection so successful.
Key findings of the Ofsted inspection are:
- Trainees are very well prepared for the next steps of their careers. Employment rates are above national and regional averages. From the most recent cohorts, all trainees have been retained within the profession. Many of those trained have themselves become mentors and trainers. They act as outstanding ambassadors for the partnership
- The programme is characterised by high-quality training, including a comprehensive offer for each subject. As a result, trainees demonstrate confidence in their subject knowledge and classroom practice
- Tailored training enables trainees to understand possible barriers to pupils’ learning and how to challenge and motivate pupils and trainees demonstrate a strong understanding of the features of a positive climate for learning
- Trainees benefit from the work of a well-established partnership of schools
- Expert lead subject mentors work collaboratively with school-based tutors to set high expectations
- The administration of the programme is outstanding and contributes to high levels of confidence among trainees and partnership schools
- High-quality training for school-based tutors leads to outstanding coaching and pastoral support for trainees at different stages of the programme.
The report highlights the excellent work across the whole partnership, which is a key factor in ensuring that the trainees have such strong support and subsequent high outcomes. To view our report please click here.