Appropriate Body - NQT Induction
Northampton Town and County TSA is registered as an Appropriate Body for the professional induction of Newly Qualified Teachers (NQTs).
The appointment of an Appropriate Body is a statutory requirement for the induction period of NQTs and the Appropriate Body makes the final decision as to whether an NQT has met the Teachers’ Standards on the recommendation of the Headteacher/Principal.
This service, available at a cost of £189 (AY 2019/20), or £63 per assessment period for NQTs who join midway through the induction year, is built around the three main responsibilities of administration, quality assurance and supporting & monitoring. It is the responsibility of schools to ensure that they commit appropriate resources to the induction of NQTs. It is the responsibility of the Appropriate Body to ensure the quality of this induction provision.
- Register and monitor the progress of NQTs and report to DfE;
- Make decisions on the outcome of statutory induction for NQTs;
- Give advice where NQTs are at risk of failure and advise on appropriate support packages for the NQT;
- Provide advice and guidance on the induction of NQTs for Headteachers, Governors, Induction Tutors and NQTs;
- Provide a briefing session for Induction Tutors in September;
- Provide an easy to follow NQT Induction Tutor information pack;
- Provide phone/email support for Headteachers and NQT Induction Tutors;
- Quality assure schools’ systems for monitoring, supporting and assessing NQTs
Should an NQT require more targeted intervention, then we reserve the right to make an appropriate charge to cover this cost. We will agree this before committing any resources, however, most issues can be resolved before we reach this stage.
If you would like to register your NQT with us then please click Register Now and complete the online form.
If you need further details or have any questions please email [email protected] or phone us on 01604 258685